We are looking for an extremely talented full stack web developer to help pioneer the next generation of distributed virtualization and computing. You should have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or the equivalent. Top-notch communication skills are essential. Strong problem solving and out the box thinking is a must. Candidate should be an excellent team player but should also be able to work independently. Experience working with micro-services on one of the public clouds is desired. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting co-workers. Must be willing to relocate to the Austin or San Francisco bay area (we will help cover moving costs). Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership. You will work cross-functionally within the organization, coordinating and collaborating with the Engineering and Product Management teams. You may occasionally be expected to work with very little direction and may be tasked with leading projects. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy through executing the product vision.
- Be a collaborative and proactive member of a fast paced agile development team.
- Stay up to date on latest industry innovations and capable of translating those into actionable best practices and techniques for the company.
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications to architect new solutions.
- Passionate about continuous integration, test driven development, and used to writing automated tests.
- Be responsible for production quality code releases.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, Go, or Shell scripting).
- Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages and technologies.
- Experience building customer facing full-stack web applications deployed on cloud environments (AWS).
- Experience with backend web frameworks based on Node.JS or Scala.
- Experience integrating front-end code with back-end technologies and 3rd party RESTful APIs.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL Databases (like MongoDB) and key value stores (Redis).
Nice to Haves
- Startup Experience. Bonus points if you have created web startups before, even if it’s a one person shop.
- Web UI development (experience with design tools like Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator).
Please paste your resume below and add 2-3 sentences about what you would like to do at our company. We are an equal opportunity employer.